I have committed my life to helping those who hunger for their God-given potential to be successful in making that climb. I am leading a revolution against the mundane. With that in mind, I realize my target begins with my family. If I help thousands of people climb to their God-given potential but do not help my kids do the same in the process, then I have failed. My revolution against the mundane begins with my kids.
This is what I teach my kids to help them join the revolution and climb to their God-given potential!
- Follow Jesus, “It’s in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for. Long before we first heard of Christ and got our hopes up, he had his eye on us, had designs on us for glorious living, part of the overall purpose he is working out in everything and everyone” (Ephesians 1:11-12, The Message). It is in Jesus we find our purpose. If you want to reach your God-given potential you must find your purpose in Jesus.
- Take personal responsibility for your failures and give credit to those who helped you with your successes. Most people switch those around.
- Be your full unique self. “Make a careful exploration of who you are and the work you have been given, and then sink yourself into that. Don’t be impressed with yourself. Don’t compare yourself with others. Each of you must take responsibility for doing the creative best you can with your own life” (Galatians 6:4-5, The Message).
- Galatians 6:4-5 and Ephesians 1:11-12, are really the secrets of reaching your God-given potential.
- If you fall down 7 times, get up 8.
- Last, but not least, realize that God is not done with you… so never settle, live with enthusiasm, and turn the world upside down… Here we go!
What would you tell your kids they should do in order to climb to their God-given potential?
Follow to this blog to be sure to get motivation, encouragement, and accountability in your inbox to help you reach your God-given potential!
Subscribe to the YouTube channel to get notifications when there are new videos posted!
Tommy Lanham is a dynamic, award-winning speaker who has been training individuals and organizations to reach their God-given potential for 25 years. With a unique blend of Ziglar motivation and ragamuffin faith, Tommy delivers powerful, life changing messages filled with humor, hope, and enthusiasm.
Tommy will empower, entertain and energize audiences to achieve extraordinary results and live a life beyond what they ever dreamed possible.
Tommy is dedicated to helping you make your next event the best you’ll ever experience. Your audience will laugh, learn and be inspired as he mixes enthusiasm and humor with motivational stories to deliver a high content message.
Check Tommy’s availability: